Friday 14 December 2012

Production Process - Draft 1

 
 I uploaded my original image from my magazine, cut out the main model.


 
 I then applied the black and white adjustment as planned in my mock up using found images with the image of established artist MF DOOM. The shadow on the left side of the face has also been enhanced through the effect of lowering the brightness and increasing contrast.
 
 I then placed the circle for the competition behind the model so that I could adjust its size in comparison to the rest of the elements of the front cover instead of having to try and fit it in at the end. I feel this was effective and saved problems occuring later in the production process.
 I placed the word "BOY" a simplistic three letter word in the desired font, just to give myself an idea of how the masthead will look and to focus on sizing as at this point I had not decided on a final name for the magazine.

 Here I have now changed the masthead to 'MOB' after deciding on this for my masthead. In this slide I have also placed a block where I will put my skyline, in red to stick to the conventional and current colour scheme of Black, White and Red. Furthemore, I placed the black block along the bottom of the cover where I can put '#COMMONERS' so consumers will recognise my magazine straight away.
I have also inserted a '+' symbol to the left of the model in which I will put a list of extra artists to connote the magazine has a good quality for it's price as it has a lot of content for just £2.00. I moved the circle for the competition to the right of the artist instead ot the left as this way I will have more room for the main headline storys to feature.
 
 In this stage I have inserted the pull quote for my artist which will be in relation to the article included on the double page spread about the mask that the artist wears.
I have inserted text into the skyline, showing information about free gifts included. I have tested an idea of including three hashtags to the right of the masthead, however this may make the magazine look too 'busy' when I insert all of the other main content onto the cover.
 Here I have put four names of artists within the local area and within the alternative genre that would not fall into the mainstream category, therefore enticing my target audience.
 I found a scan code for smart phone on "dafont.com" which can now be seen on most popular music magazines within any genre.


 This is the barcode I will use for my front cover from "dafont.com"
I have inserted in the bottom right corner the barcode, scan code and placed the price and date just above them in small text, fitting to conventions of magazine front covers.

No comments:

Post a Comment