Tuesday 20 November 2012

Costume Ideas - Mask

MF DOOM, an artist famous for wearing a mask reveals why he wears his mask in an interview. He believes that music should not be about what you look like and that the coroporate idea of trying to make what the artist looks like appeal to an audience to make it sell is wrong. He believes that music should be about how it sounds and the artists 'straight skills' as he puts it. What he liked about the idea of a mask was that it could be anyone behind the mask, no matter what gender, 'race' etcetera, which I find inspiring and therefore my idea of my model wearing a mask has been confirmed. Furthermore, in my article for my double page spread, I could have my artist talking about why they are wearing the mask and say similar things to MF DOOM.

No comments:

Post a Comment