Wednesday 28 November 2012

Images from front cover photoshoot











These are a selection of the final images that I took for the front cover of my music magazine. I set up a key light to left of the model and used only this light to leave one side of the mask in light, and the rest in shadow. I felt that this enhanced the mysterious look of the model wearing a mask, enticing the audience to find out more. I did this because my artist on the front cover believes that popular music is becoming too much about what the artist looks like and not what they sound like, and that audiences are too used to being able to judge whether they will like an artist simply by how they look. My artist wants to break these barriers by wearing a mask, so that to the audience, it could be anyone under the mask.


No comments:

Post a Comment