Tuesday 20 November 2012

Location/Mise-en-scene

The location and mise-en-scene that I use for front cover will need to be iconographic of the genre of music that my magazine represents. With my magazine falling under the ‘alternative’ genre, the location and mise-en-scene needs to also be unique compared to other genres. For inspiration, I tried looking at album artwork of a few of my favourite artists within this genre. While doing this, I found that I enjoyed the majority of album artwork for a band called ‘tame impala’ and that they were all in a similar style. I researched further into their album artwork and found that they were done by an artist called ‘Leif Podhajsky’. I found that he is an artist that has created album artwork for the majority of ‘tame impala’s music and for a lot of other artists that I have listened to in the past. Instead of having a clear location in the background of the model, I could edit the image in a 'Leif Podhajsky' style manor so that it becomes unclear, therefore showing my magazine's alternative style. The actual logistics of this idea may be a problem however, as 'Leif Podhajsky's' work is actually at a professional standard and may prove extremely challenging to make my image look anything close. Furthermore, if the background of my image is too extreme and confusing to the eye, it may become hard to read the text placed over it. Here is a link to his page, showing his recent work. To see all recent work follow this link, a splash page will appear showing his most recent work, simply click anywhere on the page and his portfolio will appear. http://www.leifpodhajsky.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment